Live Server loves 💘 your multi-root workspace
Live Server for server side pages like PHP. Check Here
[For ‘command not found error’ #78]
Launch a development local Server with live reload feature for static & dynamic pages.
Shortcuts to Start/Stop Server
[NOTE: In case if you don’t have any
.htm file in your workspace then you have to follow method no 4 & 5 to start server.]
Open a project and directly click to
Go Livefrom StatusBar to turn on/off the server.
Right click on a
HTMLfile from Explorer Window & click to
Open with Live Server. .
Open a HTML file and Right click on the editor and choose the options.
(alt+L, alt+O)to Open the Server and
(alt+L, alt+C)to Stop the server (You can change the shortcut form keybinding). [On MAC,
Live Server: Open With Live Serverto start a server or type
Live Server: Stop Live Serverto stop a server.
- A Quick Development Live Server with live browser reload.
- Start or Stop server by a single click from status bar.
- Open a HTML file to browser from Explorer menu.[Quick Gif Demo].
- Support for excluding files for change detection.
- Hot Key control.
- Customizable Port Number, Server Root, default browser.
- Support for any browser (Eg: Firefox Nightly) using advance Command Line.
- Support for Chrome Debugging Attachment (More Info). [Quick Gif Demo].
- Remote Connect through WLAN (E.g.: Connect with mobile) [Need Help? See FAQ Section]
- Use preferable host name (localhost or 127.0.0.1).
- Customizable Supporting Tag for Live Reload feature. (Default is
- SVG Support
- Support for proxy.
- CORS Enabled
- Multi-root workspace supported.
- Support for any file even dynamic pages through Live Server Web Extension.
Open VSCode Editor and Press
ext install ritwickdey.liveserver.
All settings are now listed here Settings Docs.
All FAQs are now listed here FAQ Docs
What’s new ?
Version 5.0.0 (15.06.18)
[New] One of the most requested feature is here. Live Server loves 💘 your multi-root workspace. Yes, Live Server is now supports vscode multi-root workspace. [#151]
[Dropped] Previously, Live Server was supported for no workspace (just a single
htmlfile is opened). This feature is removed. (In case, you’re missing this feature, open an issue request. We love your feedback)
[New] New Command is added to change entry point of workspace.
Live Server: Change Live Server workspaceto change workspace path. Tips: You don’t need to use the command, Live Server is smart enough, it’ll eigher ask what you want or automatically set the correct workspace if you right click on a HTML file to start the server
To check full changelog click here.
Special Thanks To Maintainers
This extension is licensed under the MIT License